Adding new inverters (Victron)

Hello,

I just started using PV*SOL Premium 2020, and I'm having trouble adding new inverters for my setup.

I'd like to add the Victron SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 charger controller and the Victron Quattro 15 kVA inverter/charger, but I don't quite understand how to add two different modules to the system.

I'm also having trouble filling some of the required information (perhaps Victron and PVSOL use different terms for certain information).

Is it possible to choose what is the primary function of an inverter module: e.g. one being the actual solar inverter and the other being an inverter charger connected to the batteries and the consumption?

Kind regards,

Paul B.

Hi Paul,

in PV*SOL we have PV inverters (that cover roughly the functionality of MPP tracking and DC/AC conversion), ongrid battery systems (that cover the functionality of charging and discharging batteries and can be coupled to the system by AC coupling, DC intermediate coupling or DC generator coupling), and offgrid battery systems.

So, in the case of Victron, we would have to choose if we want to analyse the ongrid or the offgrid case (both is not possible at the moment). In the ongrid case, we would enter the MPPT 250/100 as PV inverter and the Victron Quattro 15 kVA as battery system, although I am not sure how the connection of these devices is handled. Where do you connect the MPPT to the Quattro? Can you draw a circuit with both devices and PV, batteries and grid?

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi,

thank you for the reply. The idea is that the PV arrays are connected to 6 MPPTs supply the power for three Quattros (2 MPPT per each Quattro), which are then connected to the batteries (2 x 15.4 kW). I have attached more detailed system diagrams to this post.

I hope this clarifies my question!

Regards,

Paul

System diagram part 2.png

System diagram.png

System diagram part 3.png

Hi Paul,

thank you for the schematics! Are the electrical loads connected to the grid directly, that is, after the voltage stabilizer? I see that the MPPTs are connected directly to the batteries? Is it possible with this setup, that the PV is directly covering the loads? And, last question: Do you primarily intend to analyse the grid connected case or the offgrid case?

Kind regards,

Martin