Adding new inverters (Victron)

Paul B

Hi Paul,

in PV*SOL we have PV inverters (that cover roughly the functionality of MPP tracking and DC/AC conversion), ongrid battery systems (that cover the functionality of charging and discharging batteries and can be coupled to the system by AC coupling, DC intermediate coupling or DC generator coupling), and offgrid battery systems.

So, in the case of Victron, we would have to choose if we want to analyse the ongrid or the offgrid case (both is not possible at the moment). In the ongrid case, we would enter the MPPT 250/100 as PV inverter and the Victron Quattro 15 kVA as battery system, although I am not sure how the connection of these devices is handled. Where do you connect the MPPT to the Quattro? Can you draw a circuit with both devices and PV, batteries and grid?

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi Paul,

thank you for the schematics! Are the electrical loads connected to the grid directly, that is, after the voltage stabilizer? I see that the MPPTs are connected directly to the batteries? Is it possible with this setup, that the PV is directly covering the loads? And, last question: Do you primarily intend to analyse the grid connected case or the offgrid case?

Kind regards,

Martin

• 8 months later...

I'm looking at a design similar to this, in an ongrid case where Victron MPPT chargers feed into Victron Quattro battery chargers.

I've taken a look at the information available online for the Victron MPPT chargers and Victron Quattro battery chargers, though their specifications are missing plenty of information that's required by PVSol to complete a configuration.

Is it possible to simulate Victron products in PVSol at all?

Hello Jordn,

On 6/30/2021 at 4:25 PM, Jordn said:

though their specifications are missing plenty of information that's required by PVSol to complete a configuration.

unfortunately without the missing parameters it will not be possible to simulate those products with PV*SOL. Did you try to get more elaborate information by contacting Victron directly?

Best regards,
Frederik

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...