Importing Climate Data into PVSol

dongash

Hi Martin,

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am having a challenge  uploading my last two (2) measured climate data files into PVSol. I have converted the files into .DAT  format, as per the instructions but I keep getting "Conversion failed, Formatting error" message  whenever I try to upload same into PVSol. 

I have attached the two (2) files for your kind review and support. Could you please convert them into .DAT file for me.  I am  using  PVSOl Premium 2019 (R10)

Thanks 

Dongash

MLow Values.xlsx MHigh Values.xlsx

Hi Dongash,

I guess it is line 3, as mentioned in our previous conversation, and the whitespace (space) right after the column name "Ta". Copy the values from your Excel sheet to a text file, remove the (invisible) tabs in line 3 and at the end of lines 1 and 2, remoe also the whitespace after Ta in line 4 (only the space, not the tab), then save as *.dat. That should work.

image.png

This doesn't import.

image.png

This works.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

• 9 months later...

Hi Nasr,

1. In this case it is https://notepad-plus-plus.org/, a free editor which can show "hidden characters" like SPACE, TAB, NEWLINE and so on. View > Show Symbol > ...

2. TAB is a special character https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tab_key#Tab_characters

So in this case the \t is represented as string:

image.png.66f6dabe414c140a32de3a2ab1f41e7e.png

and here as character:

image.png.61d46520067b0b0461cc4765816ff14b.png

Best regards,
Frederik

Diamond_Tyres-hour_fixed.dat

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...