Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Forum Valentin Software

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Introducing exact dimensions of buildings

Featured Replies

Hi,

When I have an AutoCAD drawing of a building or area as seen from above (top view), I usually import it via the "Coverable object - Map section" under the 3D Design tab.

 

The problem then is to create buildings which have the exact length, width and orientation as those shown in the drawing. What I normally do is to "Sketch a 3D Polygon" which coincides with the drawing as much as possible and then stretch the sides until they are as close to the real dimensions as possible. However, if for example the building's length is 25 m, often I will end up with either 24,976 or 25,012 m but never exactly 25.

 

I know this sounds picky, but sometimes the customer will ask for drawings detailing the module layout and it doesn't look good when the drawings show incorrect dimensions. Is there any way to input the exact dimensions manually? When I try to Edit a building after extruding it, funny results ensue:

 

image.png.e31e85efcbf8b469cea88be7a6521fe4.png  image.png.5d1f4c867c4776b1e5b8be09e9d2fa70.png

 

Thanks and regards,

 

Ricardo

This would be really helpful. Also snapping to a grid (10cm?) or snapping to end-points and mid-points.

Hi Ricardo,

yes i can understand why it doesn't look good on the customer. Unfortunately there is currently no better way to enter the exact dimensions. A grid like James wrote is a good idea. I will address the problem and the suggestion internally.

The funny result seems to be a bug ?

Kind regards,

Marcel

 

  • Author

Thanks, I look forward to the update when the bug is fixed and hopefully James' idea or something similar is implemented.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

  • 4 years later...

Is there any solution of this issue? I also have the same issue about proper dimensioning.

Dear all,

the best way to dimension an extruded 3D object is the following:

Like in your screenshots, activate the complex mode, but select storeys first:

image.png

Enter the exact dimensions for the storey:

image.png

Go to the attic and ajust only width and shift of depth there:

image.png

 

Hope it helps, kind regards,

Martin

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.