Cable plan configuration

james

Modules are connected into strings in physical rows, rather than connecting to physically closer panels. Some areas of the roof did this correctly, others haven't. I've tried re-creating the inverter assignment and re-creating the modules with the same results.

Problem configuration: tmp1. Assignment works sequentially in rows. There are some strings that are spread from the far right to the far left.

tmp1.thumb.JPG.cc19d4563023927b9781cbf0f586f612.JPG

Desired configuration: tmp2. 

tmp2.thumb.JPG.20b2810d739f13e366061badcf85652a.JPG

How do i adjust the problem configuration to have string design similar to the desired configuration?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi james,

sorry for the late reply, we had a lot of colleagues on holiday and parental leave at the same time in the last weeks.

You can select the direction and the starting points for the automatic connection with the buttons in the bottom left corner of the 'Module Configuration' page:

image.png

With these options you can achieve almost every desired connection scheme. And in addition you can also edit the connection manually if you want. Just drag and drop the modules around.

Hope this helps, kind regards,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Martin,

Another related question:

Can you place the inverter on the plan so that when creating a cable plan, the software knows the cable route end-point?

Can ladder tray or some path be created so cabling is automatically follows a given path between the panel string end-point and the inverter input?

Can i add known vertical distance from the rooftop to the ground which will be included in string cable distance?

Can I have a cable path that moves from the current panel roof area to a different roof area? Panels may be installed over several roof areas with all inverters located together. How would the cable plan be created?

Is there any detailed tutorial on how to use these features?

Can you place the inverter on the plan so that when creating a cable plan, the software knows the cable route end-point?

You can place cable grommets for each inverter configuration, if this is what you mean. Just drag and drop them from the toolbar onto the roof, then right click on the inverter configuration and select 'Cable with' -> Cable Grommet 01. When right clicking the cable grommet you can also set the distance from there to the inverter.

Can ladder tray or some path be created so cabling is automatically follows a given path between the panel string end-point and the inverter input?

I think you can achieve what you need by placing cable bundles along that path and grommets at the end and then connect them all by following the steps above (right click, select 'cable with' option etc.)

Can i add known vertical distance from the rooftop to the ground which will be included in string cable distance?

You can use the distance to the inverter option for that.

Can I have a cable path that moves from the current panel roof area to a different roof area?

Ah, yes, if you configure panels from different module areas together on one MPP tracker, they will share a cable path. That will look like this:

image.png

But you cannot really edit the connection between the two roofs afterwards.

Is there any detailed tutorial on how to use these features?

You can start by reading the help pages here:

http://3d-help.valentin-software.com/pvsol/en/#t=html%2Fen%2F3d%2FEinfuehrung_in_den_Kabelplan.htm

And then, perhaps a look at our video tutorials might help in some specific questions:

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentinsoftware/videos

If you miss more help on a specific topic, please let us know!

Kind regards,

Martin

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Go green BG,

On 6/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, Go green BG said:

Is there already a video explaining how to use the menu for cable connections?

unfortunately there is no current video but I'll be happy to bring this into our next meeting with our PR department.

On 6/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, Go green BG said:

Can PV*SOL calculate the profiles and structural details for the instalation of panels?

Not yet, but exactly this is one feature we are currently working on!

Best regards,
Frederik