Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Forum Valentin Software

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Battery getting Charged from grid

Featured Replies

Hello PV*Sol team,

This question has been asked before but I tried the answer on that post and it didn't work for me.

 

The system I want to install is residential grid connected, with a battery system that should only be getting supplied from the PV, but when I simulate I see that the batteries are getting charged by the grid. I changed the battery full chargin and equalization to 0, Having the battery charged a max of 80% as I'm using Lithium-ion, but I'm still seeing that the battery is being charged with the grid which I want to avoid. Could you please explain if I'm doing something wrong or If I can do something to avoid this energy from the grid to charge the batteries? 

Thank you very much in advance.

image.png.d498c27f4d75f74e195b3248a75a15b5.png

image.thumb.png.5b125f1d983b7b3f42b949ac4ee857ff.png

 

Hi Nabil,

the U0-charging (boost charge) will be done with grid power if PV power isn't sufficient. So in order to fully avoid charging from the grid you can set the upper limit of the I-charging mode (bulk charging) to 75%, or the end of U0-charging to 70%. Since you want to achieve an 80% charging limit, you can also set all those values to 80%.

Setting the duration of the maintenance modes (equalisation and full charge) to 0 is also the right thing to do.

Kind regards,

Martin

 

  • 2 years later...

Hello anees

1 hour ago, anees said:

where is charging strategy option onpvsol ?

Within the database item itself. You could open it via the navigational page Battery system or the Databases dialogue

image.png

Kind regards
Frederik

  • 1 month later...

Hi anees,

I'm sorry for my late reaction to your post.

Unfortunately, Frederik did not receive a personal message with a .pvprj file. You wrote in another post that there were technical problems. Can you try again and send the file so that we can view it?

Alternatively, you can also contact our technical support directly. You can find their contact details at the bottom of the following page:

https://valentin-software.com/en/support/technical-support/

Kind regards

Mikio

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.