import of 3d model

Julius

Hi Julius,

our technical hotline staff found out that the model is already broken in the exported obj file:

auodesk viewer.jpg

This might be related to a surface normal that is pointing downwards instead of upwards, or an area that is not completely closed. They recommend to compare the right and left attic as precisely as possible in order to find differences in the model.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

4 hours ago, developer_mh said:

Hi Julius,

sometimes there are problems with attics of imported models. Could you provide the model so that our technical hotline can have a look at it? You can send it here via private message or directly to hotline@valentin-software.com

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

Okey, thank you, its good to know that is not the PVSol bug.

• 1 year later...

Hello Vinicius Oliveira,

I wonder how to import the 3DS in PVSol with the correct scale ?! When I am exporting the 3D comes with a smaller scale than it should, could you help me?

is it possible to provide a model with dimensions via private message so we could test it? In many cases the factors are powers of ten, but it seems you have got a weirder case.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Frederik