PV Sol 3D Design module textures, greater variety

Jordn

Hi Jordn,

there are some predefined module textures that are available in the 3D mode of PV*SOL. Go to the tab "Module Coverage" and right click on the modules, then choose "Change texture". There you can choose various cell textures and also the color of the backsheet and the framing.

image.png

Let me know if this is sufficient for you. There is also another way to change the module texture, but this involves some tricky file handling and is an unofficial (and unsupported) approach. But yes, it is possible to integrate the texture you posted:

image.png

Kind regards,

Martin

• 6 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, developer_mh said:

Hi Jordn,

there are some predefined module textures that are available in the 3D mode of PV*SOL. Go to the tab "Module Coverage" and right click on the modules, then choose "Change texture". There you can choose various cell textures and also the color of the backsheet and the framing.

image.png

Let me know if this is sufficient for you. There is also another way to change the module texture, but this involves some tricky file handling and is an unofficial (and unsupported) approach. But yes, it is possible to integrate the texture you posted:

image.png

Kind regards,

Martin

Dear Martin,

How can I manually change desing of PV-Sol modules like you say ,,but this involves some tricky file handling and is an unofficial".

I want to change the structure and assign them permanently to a given model of photovoltaic modules

Hi Mikecrypto,

before I answer: I'd like to repeat that this is a hack and unsupported - and if someone asks: I didn't tell you :)

• Take the 3D project file where you want to change the textures
  • make a copy of the file
  • change the file extension from pvprj to zip.
  • Use 7zip to extract all the content
  • in the folder "Visu3D" there is an image file called "FrontTexturPvModul.jpg"
  • replace this file with the texture that you want (must have same dimensions and bitness as the original)
  • re-zip all the content that you previously unzipped
  • change the extension from zip to pvprj
  • open in PVSOL and see your texture on the modules in 3D :)

Disclaimer: I wrote this from my rememberings, I didn't try it today. Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin