Cables in Cable plan vs Module configuration

RicardoM

Good morning,

I am trying to draw the cabling in Cable plan instead of dragging and dropping modules in Module configuration, which takes a lot more time. However, once I draw this (for practice purposes):

image.thumb.png.ddcf6a1fe1f33d94400fb489e32e97fb.png

I can only see this (modules cabled as they were before):

image.thumb.png.7f0a470af40bdce09316e0b1fd659f6c.png

If, on the other hand, I use the drag-and-drop method in Module configuration, I get a message that my cable plan will be deleted, but the new one is immediately implemented:

image.thumb.png.d2a86e6feb47f619578af18af9dfa7c4.png

image.thumb.png.ff09185e6a53f059789c9082412f319f.png

Is there a way to do the process the other way around, that is, draw the cabling in Cable plans and then have it show in Module configuration? Also, does this have an effect in the simulation, for example for shading losses? 

Thanks in advance

I also noticed that I can't draw the cable plan at all when it comes to mounted modules (as opposed to same-plane modules mentioned in my previous question):

image.thumb.png.ff5cdc6b4e1e89bb57f602b369078df1.png

Am I perhaps missing something? I see most of the buttons are inactive:

image.png.63819bb3729745778c9f531ec3f8c36a.png

That is not the case with same-plane modules:

image.png.cc037bb92292387e620dd20b19ca55a6.png

Thanks again!

Hi there,

the cabling plan ofr mounted systems is on our feature request list for a long time, and we know how much our customers want it. We are working on it, but at the moment, we can't give a date for the release.

Regarding the initial question: For the shading simulation, it doesn't matter which module comes first, when they are all connected in series. In the fourth image on the bottom, the arrays (2.1.1.1 - 2.1.1.16) and (2.1.2.1 - 2.1.2.16) are electrically identical. This is also why the cabling order makes no difference in the module configuration view, compare image 1 and 2.

Is there a way to do the process the other way around, that is, draw the cabling in Cable plans and then have it show in Module configuration?

At the moment not, I am afraid. But you can preselect the modules before configuring to make sure, the right modules are connected together.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

• Thanks 1

Thanks Martin,

What do you mean?

47 minutes ago, developer_mh said:

But you can preselect the modules before configuring to make sure, the right modules are connected together.

Is it possible to preselect the modules which will go in a specific MPPT or just the ones which will go in a specific inverter? At the moment I use the "Select modules for configuration" option, but in certain roofs it is very time-consuming to select which modules go in which MPPT and how they are connected. Is there a way to simplify this?

Kind regards,

Ricardo