Dynamic tariffs

Matthew Stringer

In the modelling for PV + Battery systems I have clients that are wanting to optimise their energy costs using dynamic energy tariffs such as Octopus Flux. 

This is where they can charge their battery system at night using off-peak rates to use that in tandem with their PV during the day. 

And, as the export rates vary throughout the day if they have a surplus in the battery they could elect when to export and when to charge. 

This maximises the value of the battery and makes the idea of adding a battery, particularly an oversized one more attractive, however I can't see any way to model this within the software, this means that if I create two proposals; one with a battery and one with PV only the latter always has a more attractive RoI, meaning that I have to remove all of that information from the report.