3d model obj white (no material)

Martin Eckerwall

Hi,

I loaded a .obj 3d-object with a corresponding .mtl file and it worked fine. But now when I open the project file again in PV*SOL Premium 2018 the materials are not loaded. I have already placed all the solar panels and would prefer not to reload the model. All the files are in the same folder. Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Martin

no material issue.JPG

Hallo Martin,

please send all project files and the complete model in a zip to our support team (hotline@valentin-software.com).

We will try to fix that problem. Make sure that you have the textures too!

If you can reproduce the issue another time. I would be very grateful if you could write down the steps and send them as well, so that we can fix the possible error.

Many greetings!

Hello,

The issue appears when the project file is loaded from a shortcut. For example if I load the project file via the windows menu or via recent projects in PV*SOL. If I open the project directly from within the folder where the folder with the 3D-model (.obj and .mtl) is located, the materials are loaded correctly. 

Best regards, 

Martin

• 5 years later...

It is Q4-2023 and I am still facing this issue. 

I have a DJI Mavic 3T and imported/exported the photos to an .obj with DJI Terra AND drone-deploy but when imported it's white as if it snowed.

Super annoying that this essential feature is not working .... 

That this is not working makes me dump the software and switch to something modern that supports that workflow. 

Hello Nils1234

might you be so kind and send the .obj file, .mtl file and the picture files via private message here in the forum so we can have a look into it?

Thank you very much in advance.

On 10/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, Nils1234 said:

Super annoying that this essential feature is not working

I agree.

On 10/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, Nils1234 said:

That this is not working makes me dump the software and switch to something modern that supports that workflow.

You are free to do so of course. It is not in our interest to loose customers though.

Kind regards
Frederik

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I am from Germany and I created a mesh of a building using Pix4Dmapper.

I wanted to import this into PVSOL in order to assign PV modules to it. 
Unfortunately the whole building has no color textures and is just a simple white tone. I can't work well with that.

Is there a way to add these textures again? Or other ways to fix this error?
(In Pix4Dmapper everything can be clearly seen after the calculation and measurements can be carried out)

Thanks in advance.

Tim Heinemann