New module database entries

Ralph

Hello PV-sol,

For a new projects we're looking at using 'newer' modules like the Trina PD05-275Wp and the GCL 275Wp poly.

For the Trina-PD05-modules there are currently entries up to 270Wp. Is it possible for you to add the 275Wp-version? A datasheet is attached.

For GCL recently two modules are in the PV-sol-database, a 270Wp and a 275Wp-module, somewhat oddly both named "PV*sol". I think a mistake has been made with the data-entry, as it seems the values at NOCT instead of values at STC have been submitted. 

Is it possible for Valentin to add the correct 275Wp-version? A datasheet is attached.

For both modules above I've attached a PV-sol-project with my own entry based on information on the datasheet.

Values for part load characteristics are not available on the datasheet. When having no values for part load characteristics the calculated result for a project seems to have a lower production than other modules in the PV-sol-database. (perhaps with the correct low-irradiance behaviour-data from the Manufacturer?)

How does Valentim acquire this 'part load characteristics'-information? Is this information Valetin receives directly from manufacturer? Or should I as user acquire this information from the manufacturer and send it to Valentim?

Hope to hear from you soon. many thanks.

Greetings, Ralph van Leeuwen

Datablad Trina_TSM275PD05.pdf

EN-P6-60 275W35mm840pieces - Vietnam.pdf

Trina 275PD05.pvprj

GCL275Wp.pvprj

Hi Ralph,

thanks a lot for your input, we will check those modules. In general, our colleagues at database@valentin-software.com are always a good contact for those topics. The normal procedure is as follows: They will identify the missing or erroneous modules and contact Trina to have them input or correct their module data. When new module data are available, we will publish a database update that every user can run (you will be notified).

For part 2) of your question: The part load (or weak-light) data is also entered by the manufacturers. Often they have more measurement points than just STC, so they can easily provide these values. If they don't have them, we will use default values which are more on the conservative side, and will thus result in lower annual yields.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

• 4 weeks later...