Maximum Feed-In Power Clipping

Boris

Dear Team:

I need to limit the feed-in power at the conection point and I don´t sure if the Máximum feed-in Power Clipping is the tool for that.

For example, if I have a 100 kW PV plant for use in own consumption and I have a feed-in limit of 25 kW, then would I have to put the Máximum Feed-in Power Clipping in 25% of PV Power at the feed in point?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Boris

Hi Boris

Yes, that is exactly the right option to choose. The Maximum Power Clipping percentage always refers to the installed PV power on the DC side. So if you have 100kWp installed and need to limit your feed-in into the grid to 25kW (on the AC side), you set it to 25%.

Whether you clip the power after the inverter or at the feed-in point only really matters if you have loads/batteries/e-vehicles in your system. Energetically of course the best option is to limit the feed-in power at the feed-in point, but not all inverters are capable of doing so.

Kind regards,

Martin

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

HI, I put 31,86 kW on DC side and 71%, because i havent to exceed 22,5 kW on AC side. I get cca 48000 kWh per year. That is in PVSOL Premium. On SMA tool I put 22,5 kW limitation and I get 43000 kwh per year. When I calculate on PVSOL online I get 44132 kwh. On PVSOL online i can't limit.

• 2 months later...

Hi Dinko,

sorry the for the late answer. These simulation results are very hard to compare, since all tools use different input data, e.g. climate data, different algorithms to model the system components and so on. PV*SOL on you computer and PV*SOL online use the same algorithms, but at the moment the online version uses climate data from an older version of Meteonorm. This will be updated soon.

Kind regards,

Martin

• 1 year later...

Hi,

In my situation I have a 2MWp solar installation connected to 1.3MVa inverter power.

The maximum grid connection is 630 KVa and a maximum contracted power of 400 KVa, due to grid congestion is it not possible to get more capable power.

My client has a very high energy consumption.

The quarterly values has been added to my design.

The value of 400KVa is leading and cannot be exceeded.

What setup must I use to apply the limit of 400KVa.

I think maximum feed-in power clipping at feed-in point set on 20% or 30%.
depends on which data I need to use.

Is it maximum WP (solar panels 20%) or KW (inverters 30%)?

Kid regards,

Andreas.