My irradiation data exports have inaccurate values

DrupoNduz

Good day. I am using PV*SOL Premium 2023 (R3)

After running my simulation and exporting my PV Sol report and Hourly Values, when I open the csv file on Excel I am getting inaccurate values in the "Irradiance onto horizontal plane (kWh/m^2)" column. Please find attached an except from two different regions in the Excel sheet. This is the case throughout the data for the year. What could be the issue? Please assist.

This is 01/01

pvsol.thumb.png.135275553334d83bee0a25950d9ec2db.png

This is on 09/06 and 10/06

pv2.thumb.png.2a026223813b5dd551dcf8c94921ab27.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 5:46 PM, developer_fw said:

Hello DrupoNduz

Would you be so kind and send me the project file where this happens via private message here in the forum so I can have a look into it?

Thank you in advance and kind regards
Frederik

Hi Frederik, I sent the project files as a private message, I still await your correspondence. Please assist.

Dear DrupoNduz,

Frederik is on vacation right now, but I am happy to help out. Could you send the csv file to me as well?

Could it be some issue with the decimal separator? Try closing the csv file in Excel, then switch the decimal separator in Excel under Options -> Advanced -> decimal separator from operating system (sorry, my screenshot is in German):

image.png

Then re-open the csv file and see if it worked.

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi DrupoNduz,

thank you for the files. What happened there is that your decimal separator was the same as the list separator, both commata (,). Please change the list separator by clicking on options next to the export button. A tab (enter \t in the field) is a good list separator value when working with Excel.

image.png

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi DrupoNduz,

25 minutes ago, DrupoNduz said:

Could there be an issue with my PV Sol license or software?  

No, this is just an Excel issue. In Excel, it depends on your regional settings of Windows how csv files are treated. Please compare the Windows regional settings with the ones of your colleagues, then it should work.

image.png

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

Dear DrupoNduz,

yes, of course, I can export and see the csv export properly:

image.png

Make sure your decimal separator and list separator of your system are exactly like on the computers of your colleague. Also make sure that the decimal separator setting in Excel is the same like your colleague's. Also the export settings in PV*SOL need to be the same. Then export the file again and open it in Excel.

I wish you all the best for figuring it out!

Martin

Good day Martin. I used to have no issues exporting the Hourly Values, but since I updated to PV*Sol Premium 2023 R3 I began having this problem. From my assessment my simulation does give me the right PV Generator Energy yields and everything else, just that when exporting the Excel file has 0's and 1's under the irradiation column. I have also made sure I checked and compared all my PV Sol exporting settings with my colleague, as well as Excel settings. Is there a way we can solve this? Maybe it has something to do with my license? Is there a way we can reboot my PV Sol Premium credentials?