SOC level of batery is too low

Aleksandar

Attached is a project. Which has 11.62kWp panels installed.Inverter, 10kW. Batteries 25kWh. And also a charger for the Mercedes esprinter Van.

My questions are as follows:

1. How to set the minimum SOC level for batteries to 10%?
2. How is it possible for the SOC of the battery to be filled in such a small percentage. How is this calculated? If you look, it barely exceeds 30%. How is it possible that in the month of July, where the production is about 65kWh per day. Can't charge 25kWh batteries? Up to say 100%. Our whole idea is to store excess energy during the day in batteries in order to charge them as much as possible. In order to draw electricity for the charger from them at night. How could we achieve this?

I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the attached archive. And give me a suggestion based on it.

Project1.pvprj

Hi Aleksandar,

thank you for your question and for providing the project file (this makes our job a lot easier :) )

1. You can create a copy of tha battery system and change the load strategy parameters accordingly.

https://help.valentin-software.com/pvsol/en/databases/components/battery-systems-ongrid/

https://help.valentin-software.com/pvsol/en/pages/battery-system/charging-strategy/

2. I am not sure if I get you right. When I simulate your project and look at the SOC of the batteries, I can see that they get fully charged quite regularly:

image.png

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for answer and explanation.

Let me see if I understand your simulation correctly. On the simulation, it is marked in red when the batteries are 100% full. Or does this mean that when it is red it is charging at maximum capacity?

Is there any way I can run this simulation through PVsol?

I was confused by the diagram from the pictures below. Where it tells me that the SOC of the battery in the summer periods is below 30%. So what exactly does this diagram in the picture represent?
And where before directed energy I have in batteries according to the energy flow about 5000kWh per year.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.cb0c84c5a0a5f71885c597857e3b1dbf.pngScreenshot_3.thumb.png.341aa56ba5c02276ccff0ddd0172060e.png

Hi Aleksandar,

23 hours ago, Aleksandar said:

On the simulation, it is marked in red when the batteries are 100% full

that is correct. You can find this diagram in the Diagram Editor when you select "Carpet Plot" instead of time series.

23 hours ago, Aleksandar said:

I was confused by the diagram from the pictures below. Where it tells me that the SOC of the battery in the summer periods is below 30%. So what exactly does this diagram in the picture represent?

The values you see there are the monthly averages.

Kind regards,

Martin