PV*SOL Google map data is older than the Google map data in browser

Jimmy

As the title says I've run into an issue. This is the first time that I have this problem and I think that it might be related to the 2022 (R4?) release since I just got that yesterday.

Anyway here's what PV*SOL shows as map data when selecting Google satellite 

image.thumb.png.769570775121654f78fc383f520eb573.png

And here's the same place when I check it in a browser 

image.png.6a8ce883c5d6491ab20014312f83489d.png

It seems like PV*SOL is getting old data from Google even though it says that the data is from 2022, I can assure you that this data is at least 2 years old.

I can work around this so it's not a big deal for this case but I don't think that it's supposed to be like this and I've never seen any discrepancy between PV*SOL's map and the browser map before.  

After a bit of digging this isn't a 2022 issue since I get the same results in 2021. Maybe I'm just lucky that I've never encountered this before.

If I understand correctly the map data isn't actually Google map data but rather Tele Atlas data. Is that correct? 

image.png.1fc5ba930d6dc0e620cd791a25ecaddc.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jimmy,

we are sorry that you are experiencing this flaw with the outdated maps more often now. It seems that Google is updating its map material region-wise, and most probably you are planning a lot in a region where Google is currently updating.

We do not have a release date for R5 yet, I am afraid. It will be released in the coming weeks, but when exactly is not yet decided.

Kind regards,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...