Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Forum Valentin Software

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PV*SOL Google map data is older than the Google map data in browser

Featured Replies

As the title says I've run into an issue. This is the first time that I have this problem and I think that it might be related to the 2022 (R4?) release since I just got that yesterday.

 

Anyway here's what PV*SOL shows as map data when selecting Google satellite 

 

image.thumb.png.769570775121654f78fc383f520eb573.png

 

And here's the same place when I check it in a browser 

image.png.6a8ce883c5d6491ab20014312f83489d.png

 

It seems like PV*SOL is getting old data from Google even though it says that the data is from 2022, I can assure you that this data is at least 2 years old.

 

I can work around this so it's not a big deal for this case but I don't think that it's supposed to be like this and I've never seen any discrepancy between PV*SOL's map and the browser map before.  

  • Author

After a bit of digging this isn't a 2022 issue since I get the same results in 2021. Maybe I'm just lucky that I've never encountered this before.

 

If I understand correctly the map data isn't actually Google map data but rather Tele Atlas data. Is that correct? 

 

image.png.1fc5ba930d6dc0e620cd791a25ecaddc.png 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi Martin,

When will R5 be released? I'm getting a lot of these outdated maps and it adds extra and less precise workflow since I have to screenshot the maps and do the measurement manually.

 

Kind regards

Hi Jimmy,

we are sorry that you are experiencing this flaw with the outdated maps more often now. It seems that Google is updating its map material region-wise, and most probably you are planning a lot in a region where Google is currently updating.

We do not have a release date for R5 yet, I am afraid. It will be released in the coming weeks, but when exactly is not yet decided.

Kind regards,

Martin

  • 2 weeks later...

I've experienced this too, though more often than not, switching to the other options available; Bing map, Bing hybrid map or Google Hybrid map is magic, and works well

  • Author

Google Hybrid actually seems to work well! Thanks a lot Jordn!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.