January 26, 20215 yr comment_4957 Hi, I have trouble with financial analysis calculation with and without battery. If I calculate with battery so level of self-sufficiency is bigger but financial analysis tell me that return of assets, amortization period and revenue or saving are same like without battery. The price of both systems are same. When I don´t change price of project and I use battery then assets, amortization period and revenue or saving should be better, not same like without battery. Please tell me when I was do a mistake. Thanks Lukas Report
January 26, 20215 yr comment_4958 Hello Lukas, May I ask if you can share a screenshot of Financial analysis page or the project report? May be we can find out something Just curious to see what might go wrong -Vishnu Report
January 27, 20215 yr comment_4963 Hi Lukas, could you provide a project file for us, please? This would make it easier to answer the question. You can send it by private message to me, here in the forum, thank you. Kind regards, Martin Report
January 27, 20215 yr Author comment_4965 Hi, Thanks for reply, Of course I share here screenshot when on left column is PV without battery and on right column is PV with battery and I proide project files. PV with battery.pvprj PV without battery.pvprj Report
January 29, 20215 yr comment_4972 Hi Lukáš, in your case you are analysing a project with net metering economy calculation. Net metering tariffs work like that: At the end of the tariff period (usually a month), you check the balance between grid feed-in and consumption from the grid. For every kWh that you consume more than you feed in, you have to pay the price stated in the tariff. If you produce more than you consume, you don't have to pay. Because of this mechanism, battery system are rarely able to produce a positive effect on the economy of net metering projects. Compare these diagrams from your projects: Without battery you are feeding in 5683 kWh and taking 7455 kWh. Balance is 1772 kWh. With battery you are feeding in less, 3014 kWh, but you are also taking less, 5325 kWh. Balance is 2331 kWh. So, in the latter case, your balance is worse from an economical point of view, mostly because of the losses in the battery. Hope that answers your question, kind regards, Martin Report
February 2, 20215 yr Author comment_4978 Hi, Thanks for explain it. You say that when I use battery system I should calculate with surplus feed in tarrif? Report
February 11, 20215 yr comment_5015 Installation with batteries. It should be noted that the system itself draws much less energy with batteries than without, however, the system of surcharges or netmetering eliminates financial profits. One must noted that the batteries stabilize the system, however, financially they need to be added. Report
February 11, 20215 yr comment_5016 4 hours ago, marflasi said: Installation with batteries. It should be noted that the system itself draws much less energy with batteries than without, however, the system of surcharges or netmetering eliminates financial profits. One must noted that the batteries stabilize the system, however, financially they need to be added. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.