Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Forum Valentin Software

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New release, can't save PV*Sol file, reason unknown.

Featured Replies

Hello PV*Sol Forum.

I do not know why, but after the latest release i can't save my projects anymore. 

attached are print screens of the messages i got today and yesterday. 

I have lost the project files, hence they won't save, but i have exported the PDF files. 

image.png.6e4238111675e511058e2f6d3e0b54db.png image.png.491b40e37fea737e586fdf31c74bb201.png

Please provide me with a solution. I cant save any files at all!!!

Dear Nils Torbjørn,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is a bug, and our development department is working on a solution.

For the time being, you can work around this by not using any special characters in the module area names. Please rename your module areas and replace all special characters, then you should be able to save the project file.

  • Author

Is it at this dialog box that you want me to not put ''Special Characters''? I have not changed this on any of my resent projects. 

 

image.thumb.png.596fa4237122a89ef5c6bfa3d113a2ff.png

Hi Nils,

yes, you can go back to R2 if you like:

http://downloads.valentin.de/pvsol/setup_pvsolpremium_2025_2.exe

We have already identified the cause of the error and will release a fix for that as soon as possible.

The renaming of the module areas should be done here:

image.png

Then go back from the 3D environment, and then you should be able to save again. As far as we know right now, all consonant letters with diacritics, e.g. ś or ć, need to be replaced.

Best regards,

Martin

  • Author

Hi again moderator and thank you for helping me!

What pre-set character is creating this issue then? I do not change this parameter on a regular basis, it happens once, twice a year maybe. It is not me who puts special characters in that field it must be pre-set.  

And of course, I can’t access the version forwarded in the link, I got a colleague to test on his computer and he has the same issue.

 

image.png

Hi Nils,

sorry, I forgot the s in the link above, it must be https instead of http, of course.

https://downloads.valentin.de/pvsol/setup_pvsolpremium_2025_2.exe

On 2/21/2025 at 9:23 AM, Nils Torbjørn said:

What pre-set character is creating this issue then?

The default name of the module area comes from the building name plus the roof surface name. Depending on the GUI language that you use, or also the file names of 3D models or so, this might already lead to those characters. 

If you use English as GUI language and the module area name does not contain any of those special letters with diacritics, and you are still not able to save the files, it would be very helpful for us if you could let us know (and send over the project file).

Best regards,

Martin

Hello there, I have the same problem, I am not able to save the project. It is possible to save until I insert a invertor into the project. After that i am getting a error in saving

 

How do I send the file when I am unable to save it ?

I thought it was a file that you already had from a previous version of PV*SOL premium. If it is a fresh file created in R4, then try disabling the option to save the characteristics in the options:

image.png

 

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this. We had to replace a zipping library in our code, and apparently the new one behaves odd in various ways that we didn't see in our tests.

Best regards,

Martin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.