Adding cost for replacement inverter into the "Finansial analysis"

PVSOLLearner

Hi

I'm trying to add a cost/expenditure, but not annually or a percentage, but fixed after er certain amount of years.

I have configured a system in Denmark, with 25 years assessment period.

After 15 years, a cost needs to be added for the inverter to be replaced. It could be a percentage of the total cost, but it has to be a one time cost just like the system.

In the "Financial Analysis Parameters", i have added a non-tax deductible cost, which gets added the first year. But there is no feature to add another one time expenditure with a fixed year. 

I have read older manuals, which specifies i have to go through financing/loans, but the menus/drop downs is not the same anymore.

Furthermore PV*SOL makes an error, if i try to adjust the term years to 1 and free initial period to 15 years.

Am i looking in the wrong place?

Thank you.

Hello PVSOLLearner

On 7/22/2024 at 1:26 PM, PVSOLLearner said:

After 15 years, a cost needs to be added for the inverter to be replaced. It could be a percentage of the total cost, but it has to be a one time cost just like the system.

This can be done with the Investment Costs:
image.png

which results to
image.png

Kind regards
Frederik

Hi Frederik, thanks for your reply. That was hard to find 😀

It does not look like it does it correctly though, as it looks like it already price it in in the 1st year in your example.

If the one-time investment is 13000 (complete solar system) the first year, then the expenditure for a replacement inverter should not be added as a cost before the 15th year, no?

Here it looks like its added the 1st year and then again in 15 years. Is the solution to remove the cost from the original price and adding it separately?

Thank you. 

Hello PVSOLLearner

4 minutes ago, PVSOLLearner said:

That was hard to find 😀

I do concur.

5 minutes ago, PVSOLLearner said:

Here it looks like its added the 1st year and then again in 15 years. Is the solution to remove the cost from the original price and adding it separately?

This is indeed the preferred way to go at the moment.

Kind regards
Frederik