Time-Controlled Dis-/Charging

omid

Hi there,

can someone explain to me the time controlled charging pleas,

I am actually disappointed by this update, I thought it was only for battery charge from the grade, but it is actually stopping the battery to be charge by the PV too, which makes this a useless update in PVSol.

We want the battery to be charge by the PV and if the PV generation is not enough to fully charge, we need to set a charging time for the off-peak times.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks 

Omid 

Feed It Green

Hello omid

18 hours ago, omid said:

I am actually disappointed by this update, I thought it was only for battery charge from the grade, but it is actually stopping the battery to be charge by the PV too, which makes this a useless update in PVSol.

Could you please elaborate your statement? It is definitely possible to mix charging sources, otherwise it would have been indeed a downgrade.

The example project "Battery System" is configured to avoid additional charging from the grid
image.png

After activating time-controlled charging
image.png

the charging by grid becomes bigger:
image.png

18 hours ago, omid said:

Please let me know if this is possible.

It is.

Kind regards
Frederik

so, if you look at the attachments, when I activate the time controlled charging the system gives priority to that time ie.. I want the battery to be charge by PV first but if the battery in not charged 100% then I would like to set up a time like 00:00 to 04:00, 

so to do that I have to set the SOC target value to 100%, and when I chose this, the system charges the battery every night to 100% and at day time the battery is full.

specially at summer months when the PV is high the battery should be only charged by PV but if you look at the results it is same always.

please let me know if there is any better way.

thanks

Screenshot 2023-12-13 082903.png

Screenshot 2023-12-13 083229.png

• developer_fw changed the title to Time-Controlled Dis-/Charging

Hi omid,

thanks for your question.

Based on the scenario and the diagram I would assume following possibilities that causes the relatively low charging of the battery by the pv system:
1) the consumption takes almost all PV energy on the majority of the days
2) the battery gets less charging by PV energy because the it is full or almost full at the times when pv energy is available
Of course, there could also be other reasons, such as the possibility that not all of the PV energy is available for charging the battery.

For the scenario you're describing, I think it is plausible that the battery is mostly charged from grid because it is charged as much as possible every night.
The Time-Controlled Charging in PV*Sol can only be set for the whole year and is not adaptable to changing seasons. So it is not possible to charge the battery to a lower SOC only in summer. If adaptability to season would help, I could forward it as a request to the developers.
If the reason is still unclear, feel free to share the project file in the post or send it via private message in this forum.

Kind regards

Mikio