Configuring modules with different orientation under a single inverter

Ricardo

Hi,

I have the following 3 roofs, facing north (208 modules) - south (108 modules) - north (76 modules):

image.png.7375d2094b69f468349f2627439db253.png

I would like to configure all 3 of them using 2 Huawei 60 kW inverters, making sure that each MPPT is only connected to modules with identical orientation. That can be achieved with the following configuration:

image.png.6754b66e34482954d17c0734d2ff17ba.png

That way, the first roof would be split among the 2 inverters, taking up the first one entirely and then one MPPT from the second one which would have 2 strings of 14 modules each for a total of 208 modules. The second roof would take up 3 MPPTs, each comprising 2 strings of 18 modules for a total of 108 modules; then the last roof would take up the last 2 MPPTs of the second inverter, each with 2 strings comprising 19 modules each, so 76 modules total.

I have tried to configure that defining module areas for configuration and configuring module areas together:

image.thumb.png.9faba6c7e207278b46b021d9b96715c1.png

image.png.d08bc9762be8a579a6f536e0c991f27a.png

But when I try that, as I need two inverters with different configurations, I begin configuring the first inverter and then create a new one. Unfortunately, the "copy" function (usually  inside the red circlw shown below) is not available:

image.png.237b3770b0b0ef13b3cbbcff58135606.png

So apparently it is only possible to do this with two inverters if both are configured exactly the same way, which will not work in this case... Can somebody please explain how I could do this?

image.png

Hi Ricardo,

Unfortunately, only one inverter can be used when connecting multiple module areas to one inverter. To get your wished configuration, you have to define module areas for the configuration and configure module areas together (as you already did, but in a different way).

First select only the modules you want to connect to the first inverter (step 1) and configure them (step 2).

Step 1

step1.png

Step 2

step2.PNG

Finally, select the remaining modules within the same dialog and configure these modules ( configuring module areas together etc.) (step 3).

Step 3

step3.PNG

Kind regards,

Marcel