Charging Batteries on Grid at Night Rate

Muhammad Umar

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello omicron_solar

On 5/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, omicron_solar said:

No news about this feature yet? I've noticed that there are topics in the forum more than a year old without a response.

Unfortunately I do not have any further information about when we will be able to implement this into PV*SOL.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, omicron_solar said:

Is there any official roadmap for this and other new features in PVSol?

We do not have an official roadmap but I will bring this into our team and see if we could publish something.

Kind regards
Frederik

Is there any kind of workaround to simulate this in the meantime? So we can get realistic figures for an installation with grid charging batteries.

We've been asked about "intelligent charging" solutions, as Riello RS Hybrid, that allow charging and consuming from PV, batteries and grid following multi factor  policies (hourly programming, according to tariff, etc.). So the demand and PV+battery curves fit better. Such equipment is not in PVSol database, but even if I create it from scratch it lacks the charge from grid options.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello omicron_solar,

it is possible to charge the battery from grid at night by using the time controlled charging but unfortunately it isn't possible to specify a separate night tariff for this.

If you assume that the battery is charged from the grid exclusively at night, you could multiply the charge from the grid in kWh by the night tariff.

You can see the total annual energy flow from the grid to the battery in the energy flow diagram.

image.png

Kind regards

Mikio