Inverter Selection In Module Configuration

diegov

Dear fellow PVSol users and administrators,

How can I select just one inverter when I have multiple orientations in PVSol?

I'm simulating a photovoltaic system for a building with 3 different orientations with 3 roof areas in each orientation that in PVSol are 12 module areas in total (as shown in the thumbnails post-216-0-60639700-1424446592_thumb.png), but I can't configure all the 12 selected areas together in a single inverter post-216-0-40095200-1424447221_thumb.png.

I would be very grateful for any help you are able to provide.

Hello diegov,

For that specific situation you have to use the "Group Module Areas..." option in the "Module configuration" window.

group_01.jpg

In the opening window please press the "Import all unconfigured modules" button. Now you should have 12 module groups in the window. Select now module groups with the same orientation and tilt angle (set a hook). Afterwards use the "Combine selection" button to group the selection.

group_02.jpg

Do this for all module groups with the same orientation and tilt. At the end you shoulf have 3 module groups. Now you can use the "Configure" button to open the inverter selection window.

group_03.jpg

In the inverter selection window please mark the 3 module areas by using your mouse and the CTRL key of your keyboard. If they are marked you can use the "Configure selected module areas together" button to combine them. Now you can search for an matching inverter with 3 MPP trackers.

group_04.jpg

Best regards

Your Support team

• 2 years later...