Optimising consumption

SolarStevo

Hi everyone, :)

What the best way to optimise the consumption (tweak the consumption profile ) to get a really good PV design?

The scenario is that we have an office building with 80000Kwh annual consumption.

The Solar system generates 130000Kwh annually.

Somehow i can't find any consumption profile (or create one) to maximise the OWN Usage.

I would like to increase these figures i highlighted with red in the attached. (Direct own usage and own consumption)

I know its down to the hours of consumption and i am prepared to create a consumption profile to optimise the system. I have tried editing the PVSol profiles but not succeeded so far...

any help, ideas, suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Cheers

Steven

1.png

Hi SolarStevo,

load profiles is a tough topic because of many unknowns. I just created a project with a custom load profile respecting a certain higher load from 8 am until 6 pm on workdays and a relatively low load for the weekend. In the summer at noon there is also a little higher load due to cooling. This resulted in a higher solar fraction since load and solar energy overlap more often.

image.thumb.png.fc0e4e7145f9eea1128c3d1065d409ad.png

The solar fraction gets higher:

image.png.ad8dc33630faa584705c0c33c9bf5945.png

Of course there is a limit, but I guess this clarifies the common question of getting a higher solar fraction.

So did you manage to edit the profiles so far? This is possible on the page Consumption, after opening/adding a profile. A system data set can be edited after copying it. The input table is a bit cumbersome to use, but the overall concept of having different profiles for different days and so on pretty straightforward.

image.thumb.png.fa46b921ce17728b3c3ec289f5f8c8c3.png

I hope this helps! If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Best regards,
Frederik

Hi Frederik, 

Thank you very much for your help. :)

I will give this a go and create a well optimized profile for the sunny hours and see how far i can take it :) 

I was hoping to achieve about 80 to 90% percent of Solar Fraction.....i know it's a bit ambitious :) 

Thank you

Steven

• 2 years later...