Detailed explanation of energy balance?

RicardoM

Good morning dear developers and happy new year! (even though we are already two weeks in)

Can you please point me in the direction of a detailed explanation for each of the losses shown in the energetic balance of the simulation? I'm sure there is a link somewhere, but I haven't found it.

For example, how is the maximum AC power regulation calculated? I'm aware that a lot of these calculations are probably trade secrets, but I am just asking for general tips in case I ever need to go into a lot of detail with a customer (I'm already familiar with most sections in the report, but not all).

Thanks!!

image.png.3125d8fc5f6d8823fe57671f1c2e1a53.png

image.png

Dear Ricardo,

unfortunately we don't have a detailed explanation of each item of the energy balance yet. But this is a good suggestion, we will put it on our request list for extending the help pages.

The "Down-regulation on account of the max. AC Power/cos phi" takes place when the AC power of the PV system is higher than the maximum AC output of the inverter. In this case the inverter has to regulate the output power down to the maximum permissible power (by choosing another poit on the IV characteristics if the PV field on the DC side). The cos phi will reduce the maximum permissible power output of the inverter, of course, if not equal to 1.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Ricardo,

the active power will be capped. The output power clipping is based on the apparent power, say S_max. With cos φ = 1, the system will not produce reactive power, so active power equals apparent power, and the maximum power output is P_max = S_max.

When the cos φ is smaller than 1, the maximum active power output will be reduced by this factor (while the maximum apparent output power remains the same), since P_max = S_max * cos φ.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

• Like 1