Import 3D model - Incorrect vertices count?

Joao Prates

Hi,

We've been working on a complex 3D model to try to import it into PV*Sol in a way we can simulate real environment conditions, i.e. terrain levels, buildings, etc.

So far we managed to generate the 3D model and to decimate it to very low level resolution on not so important details such as trees and cars parked outside, leaving the buildings in high detail.

The only thing missing still is to work out how to reduce the number of texture files to a single file and reduce its resolution to the max 4096 pixels - any help on that would be appreciated.

However, the real reason I'm posting this message is message is to ask support for assistance on this error message while importing the *.obj file:

image.png.bd69db303f4ff4e2be9e463674979920.png

As you can see from the bottom legend square taken from Meshlab, the model only has 223k vertices, but PV*Sol claims it has over 400k vertices.

Why is this happening?

I can send you the *.obj file if you need, just let me know how to share it privately.

Thank you,

Joao Prates

Files sent as requested.

One more question still in the 3D import context: From all of the file formats you support, which one is the preferred one, i.e. fastest to import?

I'm assuming you transform the input files to some kind of internal representation of yours, and the manipulation speed during simulations is not affected by the original file format used for import... is this assumption correct?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...