Shading Analysis

Vishnu

Dear PV Sol Team,

This is a general question on how shading of module is determined by PV Sol

What is the smallest unit that PV Sol takes into account for shading analysis. Is it module or sub-module (series string of cells protected by one bypass diode) ?

And how is diffused radiation distributed on the shaded modules ?. Is the diffused radiation distributed equally on all modules?

i think diffused radiation is lower on near shaded modules and so missmatch losses would actually be higher than what it is calculated when an even distribution of diffused radiation is considered. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Hi Vishnu,

we calculate the impact of the shading down to substring level. You can read more on that topic here:

https://help.valentin-software.com/pvsol/2019/calculation/pv-modules/shading-due-to-nearby-objects/

We consider the diffuse shading to be equally distributed over one module. But we calculate it separately for each module, so the mismatching effects that you mention are taken care of in our simulation.

Kind regards,

Martin