Geolocation error

Marta Gonçalves

Good Morning,

After selecting the PVSol study site, when we are going to do the 3D Modeling of the project, the pre-selected location does not appear.
Choosing the "Map Clipping" option does not show anything on the screen, and when zooming out, the system positions itself next to Africa.

Is it possible to solve this software bug?

Capturar.PNG

Another situation with the Geolocalization of PVSol.
When defining the study site, and when the area of the object is extensive, PVSol does not allow the entire area of the object to be analyzed.
As the attachment indicates, for the specific case that I report the "OK" button is not active for the entirety of my object. Just zooming in, I can crop my object, but I do not have the total area I need.

Capturar1.jpg

Hi Marta,

regarding the first question: Perhaps your internet connection was not up when you first searched. Try to search again for "ponta delgada Açores", and it should show the following:

image.png

Sometimes, if the internet connection hangs, nothing is shown. So try to zoom in and zoom out and then it should be fine.

Regarding the second point:

The "OK" button is disabled if the selected map area is too large for PV*SOL 3D environment. It can handle 800 m in East-West (Width) and 800m in North-South (Height) direction. If either dimensions is exceeded, the corresponding field is labelled in red and the OK button is disabled.

Hope that helps, kidn regards,

Martin

Hi Marta,

what do you mean by "Trim Map"? I just tried it again here, I chose the climate location Portugal - Ponta Delgada, then I open the 3D environment, choose "Map Section", then click on the Image "New Map Section, Click here", then I see this:

image.png

This seems dark, but is just ocean. It is dark blue :D If you zoom out just a little (not totally), you see that the island is just nearby:

image.png

Perhaps this is what confused you.

You can drag the map with your mouse, you can zoom with the mouse wheel. Just select the location you want, zoom in so that neither the height nor the width label are red, and hit "OK".

Good luck, kind regards,

Martin