PC crushed with bluescreen while trying to download the softwere

Janek PM

I got latly new PC and tried to download PV*SOL on it.
I have my 2020 R8 license and tried to download the softwere to work on it but after i click on setup downloader the PC stopped and imedietly crushed with bluescreen and restarted right after. 

What are my options now? Why is it crushing every time. 

Is the upgrade of the license my only options for downloading old softwere on new PC?

Hello Janek PM

18 hours ago, Janek PM said:

I have my 2020 R8 license and tried to download the softwere to work on it but after i click on setup downloader the PC stopped and imedietly crushed with bluescreen and restarted right after. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Albeit the outdated version (2020R8), could you elaborate what your machine is running?

18 hours ago, Janek PM said:

Is the upgrade of the license my only options for downloading old softwere on new PC?

With the given information I cannot say what might be the problem here. All I can say is that it is very unusual for the installer to cause crashes since we are using a very common installer. At this point in time of the installation process it is not PV*SOL which causes the crash but might be connected to file system corruption, user rights, state of your operating system, etc.

Kind regards
Frederik