Failure in connecting Hybrid inverter to the PV system

Akash_2121

Hi,

I am getting an error if i am connecting an hybrid inverter to the PV system  the error says:
'' No suitable inverter configurations could be calculated within the selected configuration thresholds.''
In addition, it is saying that the max DC current input to the MPPT is more than the maximum value of 12.1A. 

I checked on the spec sheet, for most the PV modules the current generated is more than the 12.1A.

I want to create a PV system with Givenergy Hybrid inverter and a battery. Can you please help?

Hi Akash_2121,

thanks for your question. Could you please send me your PV*SOL project file via private message in this forum, so that I could understand the concrete configuration?

It also could be, that there are too less inverters selected to make a matching configuration suggestion (or that the GivEnergy Hybrid Inverter is not suitable for this specific configuration). You can add more inverters by clicking on 'Inverter-Selection' in the 'Automatic Configuration' section.

Kind regards
Mikio

Hi Mikio,

Thanks for your swift response.

I have sent you the project file on the personal message.

I can add other inverters but not hybrid inverters (not just from GivEnergy but from Solis as well). I want to understand what is the reason behind it? When I design the same system with OpenSolar, it is not giving me any error.

Ideally I want a GivEnergy 5kW hybrid inverter with GivEnergy batteries. 

Thanks for your support.

Hello Akash_2121

Thank you for your project file.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, Akash_2121 said:

No suitable inverter configurations could be calculated within the selected configuration thresholds.'

For the automatic configuration you have to choose inverters that suit the configuration thresholds enabling PV*SOL to make suggestions:

image.png

On 10/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, Akash_2121 said:

I checked on the spec sheet, for most the PV modules the current generated is more than the 12.1A.

I am not quite sure if I get your question right. PV*SOL warns you about maximum possible currents that might occur which yields to down-regulation losses.
The utmost left column on the inverter configuration page lists check symbols which can be clicked

image.png

and lead to the configuration check of your system.

The maximum current lays in clipping range, which could yield down-regulation losses.
The maximum MPP current lays within clipping range.

image.png

image.png

It is possible to simulate the system, PV*SOL gives you a hint to have a closer look at down-regulation losses in your energy balance after the simulation.
In most cases this calls for a comparison between energy losses vs. higher investments.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, Akash_2121 said:

Ideally I want a GivEnergy 5kW hybrid inverter with GivEnergy batteries.

To use the GivEnergy inverter as hybrid, you have to copy its database entry and change the coupling for being able to connect it to your hybrid inverter.

I hope this clarifies your questions?

Kind regards