PV*SOL premium

Anders Lundberg

I have been running the premium version in test version for a week now, and yes I am considering buying the license despite experiencing instability with the 3D module.

The program is installed on a new ThinkPad machine with Win10 and first problem is that the program do not start correctly. Clicking on the APP the program execute by asking me to if I want to buy, Registry or start the program. Clicking start I am returned to the win 10 app screen and I have to click on the app again. Ok, I can live with that for the time being but what is more problematic is that the program crashes if I decide not to use the 3D design but later return to the 3D design. When I click on the edit bottom for system planing for 3D visualization a pop-up show up saying that an error occurred in the application.

I can now chose to continue, restart or close but what ever I chose the program will not allow me to edit again. I the project file is done and I have to start a new project.

Any one knowing what is wrong?

Hi Andreas Lundberg,

we are happy that you are considering to purchase our software. And then of course, we are not happy that you experience problems while working with it.

If I get your first problem right it seems that PV*SOL is sent to the background when you click on 'Start'. I would guess that there is another program/tool involved on your machine that causes this behaviour, since we can't reproduce this here and have no other customers complaining about this. Normally, the splash screen should appear after you click 'Start', and finally the software should open up in the foreground. Perhaps you can check what antivirus software you are running and allow PV*SOL there in the whitelist.

Concerning the second problem: Could you describe exactly what you do to produce the crash? Is it reproducible?

That a lot in advance for collaborating, I am sure we will find the solution to your problems. Kind regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply and now when I have got the license it is only the second problem which courses problem. And yes, it is reproducible.

When I come to System Planing with 3D visualization click edit and under "New 3D system Map" begin by choosing the option "Microsoft Bing Maps", which by the way is very bad compared to Google Map, and later on in the project want to delete it, because I now have received a better picture which I would like to load from hard drive selection, the the program crashes and I get the fault message.

From then on the project file is damage so even if I close the program and start again. The fault message come again I the only thing I can do is to delete the project file and start over again.

Best,

Anders

Hi again,

And now I experience next problem.

As I am new to this system I offend need to click on the ? to get help. However, if I for some reason close the help window by clicking the X in the upper right corner. The ? in the program does not start the help section.

Then I have to close down the program and start it up again. I am feeling that I am wasting my time with such simple problems.

Best,

Anders

Hi Anders,

thanks for getting back to us. To be honest, I am having a bit touble to fully understand what happens on your machine. Could you provide a step by step description of what you are doing and what is happening? I am asking, because in the first place, you cescribed your "second problem" to be caused by using 3D planning after not using it in the first place. Now it seems more to be related to using the map section of the 3D planning. Also, it is not possible to swap the map section after you already worked with it, so I am not sure I understand your second problem description.

Concerning the help: I just tested it in all possible variations but I can't get the help to not show up. What happens if you hit F1 to show the help?

Perhaps you can record a short screen video to demonstrate your problems? you could send them to me by private messages.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Martin