Replacing Modules - feature wishlist

Chloe G

Dear Valentin team,

I really wish there was a way to swap between panels of different dimensions without having to recreate the arrays from scratch. The Replace Module button spits out an error if swapping into a module of different dimensions and I cannot understand why that is.
Is this something we can expect to see in upcoming versions? I find this to be one of the most time consuming tasks on PVSol and changing the panels should be easy to do.
It's a shame that such a powerful (and expensive) software lacks this feature but a free web-based software like SolarEdge designer can do this no problem. 

Regards,

Chloe

Hi Chloe G

For the current 3D environment we will not be able to implement this at the moment, I am afraid. We do know about the current limitations.

Your feature request is on our list for the new 3D environment which is under heavy development to overcome the design limitations of the old 3D. I do know this is not a satisfying answer at all, but we are trying to concentrate our efforts to hop into a new era.

Kind regards
Frederik

• Thanks 1