Sketchup Export Format

tiago202021

I'am trying to simulate an pv plant in house roof, when I export the 3d model in OBJ file format the shadow frequency increase dramaticaly if its compared to an COLLADA file format. I've done the simulation on the same scenario, only thing differente is file format.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

COLLADA View.png

COLLADA Shadow.png

OBJ View.png

OBJ Shadow.png

Hello,

case 2 is clearly an error that has already been reported. If the building contains a completely closed attic, the shading simulation has difficulty in correctly determining the shading. You can see this by the fact that some shading values of over 60% are of course much too high. 
We apologize for that and we're working on it. In the meantime, please create the attics in sketchup as several broken walls if you have created the sketchup file yourself. This should fix the problem.
In the first case, the model is constructed in such a way that the error not occurs. Please be aware that the model geometries may have been stored in two different ways in the file. In one case, for example, only triangle faces are stored in the file; in the other case, for example, complete fans are stored. In addition, optimization may have become active when exporting to a certain format, so that different files can be created for the same model. Normally this does not affect the results of the shadow calculation!

Many greetings!

• 2 months later...