Simulation problems

Dajana

To whom it may concern,

some of my projects do not work always. When I make them at first they run fine and the results are good, but when I save them or send them to my colleagues the simulation will not run. The message displays as: No hourly simulation results available. Please re-run simulation. To save these values, please activate the corresponding setting in the project options. Sometimes there is a message about the time and that I need to choose the option Simulate the iiradiance with synthesized minute values. When i do that the energy is limites as it is displayes in the graphic. What can I do about that?

Kind regards

Hi Dajana,

you can choose wether you want to save the hourly or one-minute simulation results in your project files or not. If you choose not to save them, the overall results like yearly and monthly values will be saved anyway, so that the results page can be displayed also on the computer of your colleagues. If they want to see the hourly results then, they have to re-run the simulation on their computers.

The option can be found at the menu bar -> Options -> Project Options (or Ctrl + P). Then go to "Simulation Results" and check these boxes:

image.png

Concerning your other question: If you choose to simulate your PV system with one-minute irradiance values, they will be synthesized from hourly values. The sum of the 60 one-minute irradiance values per hour is exactly equal to the hourly value, so there can't be any difference in the input data for the simulation, that is for the global horizontal irradiance. What can happen, however, is that the resulting irradiance on the tilted module plane is different in the end compared to the simulation with hourly values. But the one-minute irradiance values are more precise, so you should not be worried.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

If nothing happens when you click the "simulation" button, you could edit the project temporarily, e.g. change the cabling losses percentage, then simulate and then change the cabling losses back to the original value.

But normally you should be able to just click this button. Could you tell me which version of PV*SOL you are running?

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi dajana,

this is strange. When I simulate your project, I can see all results, diagrams and everything. So this means there is nothing wrong with your project.

Perhaps you should try to empty this folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Valentin EnergieSoftware\PVSOL premium 2018\

Check, if you have enough space free on your hard disk and perhaps try to reinstall PV*SOL premium 2018 R4.

Let me know if this helped,

Martin

Hi Dajana,

this is difficult to understand what is going on there. There must be something that prevents PV*SOL from writing simulation results to the hard drive.

Perhaps there is an antivirus program installed that is doing this? Could you try to temporarily disable your antivirus program and try again? Or, better, just allow the path given above and the exe under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Valentin EnergieSoftware\PVSOL premium 2018\

Another possibility would be that the disk is full, but since your colleague is experiencing the same, this is unlikely.

Kind regards,

Martin

Ok. We could try the following. Clean your temporary project folder again

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Valentin EnergieSoftware\PVSOL premium 2018\

Then save the project under a different name. Then please go to the most recent folder in the folder indicated above, and zip it. But not the folder with an "T" in the end. Then send both the freshly saved project file and the zip file to me (private message). There must be something corrupt somewhere.

Kind regards,

Martin