Exporting Layouts And Cable Plan

jerryg

Is there any option for exporting cable plan or roof layout to dxf? 

I can export the cable schematic in this format but not the roof layout from 3d design

For the cable plan there is the option to print to A4 but what's best way to more detailed output?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey jerryg,

for the roof layout you can go to the plan page after returning from the 3D environment. There you'll find all your dimensioning plans for your roofs which you can export to dxf or pdf (from Din A4 to Din A0).

For the cabling plan you can set the number of Din A4 pages on which to draw the plan. So if you want detailed output you could choose e.g. 2 by 2 pages and the plan will be scaled accordingly. The plan will be attached to your project presentation on the last page of our main program.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

Thanks. I'm still having trouble with plan page not showing roof layout. Just doesn't show on plan page. I can put mouse over roof area and it turns bold but can't click into it or get it to display or export. Screenshot attached

I'm using 2016 R6

post-771-0-56832600-1469703466_thumb.png

post-771-0-01203300-1469703467_thumb.png

Thanks a lot for providing the screenshots. This is a strange behaviour you encouter there.

Just to make sure that your project file itself is not the reason:

Does this also happen if you start a new test project, go into 3D environment, design a simple PV plant, connect it and all, go back to the main program (adopting the changes of course), and then go to the plan page?

Ok, so could you check the following please:

The folder

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\Valentin EnergieSoftware\PVSOL premium 2016\

should contain folders like '18113737351' and so on. These are temporary folders for your projects while you work on them.

When you start a new 3D project and you go into the 3D environment, there must be a folder called 'Visu3D' inside the newest of these numbered folders (but ignore the folders with T at the end). And once you come back from the 3D environment with a valid and connected pv system, there should be a file called 'BemassungsPlan1.xml' inside 'Visu3D'.

Could you please tell me if this is the case for you?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<PlanData><Version>1.0.1</Version><Layers><Id>0</Id><Name>MODULAREA</Name></Layers><Layers><Id>1</Id><Name>MODULES</Name></Layers><Layers><Id>2</Id><Name>DIMENSIONS</Name></Layers><Elements><LayerId>0</LayerId><LineColor>#000000</LineColor><SpecificData><Polygon><LineType>0</LineType>....</PlanData>

Edited by developer_mh
too long and not necessary for future reference

When I replace my 'Bemassungsplan1.xml' with yours, it works:

Plan.png

So, honestly, I don't have an idea right now what could be the problem. I will have to discuss this with my colleagues next week. The only thing left that comes into my mind is that perhaps an anti-virus software or other kind of program that scans your hard drive is preventing access to the file. So if you have an application like this, try disabling it for a while and see if it works.

If not, we will have to discuss further possible solutions next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Martin

Okay thanks. Only using Microsoft antivirus which I think is okay. Have tried log out and run the software under a new user account on windows and it works under the new user. So seem to be something related to user settings for software

Maybe reinstalling software will fix but will use a different windows user for the moment