Maximum input Current (Isc)

Ajay Deepak

Hi,

In the case of multiple MPPT inverters, do we need to add a single MPPT Isc or combined Isc data in the below section?

In most cases of multiple MPPT inverters, I can see combined Isc data. But this is not relevant for inverter protection.

If it is for single MPPT current (Isc), can you add some text mentioning single MPPT Isc in this section?

image.png.13960566fba8f6cdbf01d57121479043.png

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for the quick reply.

In addition to this, you may need to add the option to capture the maximum input current per each input terminal.

Future, multiple MPPT inverters will have 4 to 5 inputs. So here limiting factor will be the input terminal (connector) current.

Example: https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1100191089/8f97422c/technical-data

image.thumb.png.a8f83a5f4a91ddb53388ac0ebcfafb44.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Frederik,

I am referring to below information, capturing maximum MPP current per String (terminal). I can't find this in the new version.

In addition to this, you may need to add the option to capture the maximum input current per each input terminal.

Future, multiple MPPT inverters will have 4 to 5 inputs. So here limiting factor will be the input terminal (connector) current.

Example: https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1100191089/8f97422c/technical-data

Regards,

Ajay.

Hi Frederik ,

I think there is some misunderstanding,

In future, multiple MPPT inverters will have 3 to 5 inputs. So here limiting factor will be the input terminal (connector) current in addition to maximum Short-circuit current per MPP tracker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ajay Deepak,

On 12/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, Ajay Deepak said:

I think there is some misunderstanding

Indeed. For a clearer view into the question it might be helpful to show a small screenshot of the inverter terminal from the Huawei homepage link which you added to your request:

image.png

So far, we cannot map this behaviour (a max terminal current limiting the sum of string currents) in PV*SOL, you are correct. There might be cases, in which our configuration check is not able to respect those boundary values.

On 12/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, Ajay Deepak said:

Are you planning to consider this in the development?

We definitely are. At the moment I cannot give a date yet.

Kind regards,
Frederik