Combine multiple PV arrays / Edit PV grid layout

TurtlesOG

Dear all,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to combine multiple arrays of modules into one unique array? Like in the image below?

ex1.thumb.png.74a341f7a4eb37e25f7c3e30b48b3f45.png

I ask this because PV*Sol sets different amounts of modules on the same area and it's due to the grid it uses as reference. Can I somehow edit this grid? Because it is clear that this space fits 4 vertical arrays but when I fill it automatically PV*Sol set arrays of 4 and 3 because of this grid displacement. Like in the image below!

ex2.thumb.png.996ddd6a05940fcac5220a77f255e44c.png

Thank you, any help will be usefull! 

Hi Turtles,

I wrote a comment but upon rereading your post I realize that I don't understand what you wish to accomplish.

It is possible to combine modules into "module areas", but I'm not sure that that's what you're looking for.

It is not possible to edit the grid, it is just panel size+distance.

If you can explain a little more why you want to do this and what is wrong I think I might be able to help. 

Best,

Jimmy

Edited by Jimmy
Misunderstood purpose

Hi Turtles,

I messed up my first comment and have edited it.

Here's how you define module areas: Select all panels that you wish to configure together in the "module configuration" tab and the right-click, press "add..." 

Skärmklipp.PNG

You can also configure multiple module areas together in the inverter config by ctrl-clicking the module areas and then pressing "configure module areas together"

image.png.ce9d64b64d9770b3f040b6be9a0856f4.png

Then you get this:

image.thumb.png.e78c07ebf6e067248403f4842f26f346.png

You can do that for as many module areas as you like.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy lets imagine 1 roof only, where I set two different PV arrays. What I want is to combine them to have only 1 PV array instead of 2.

So as you can see in the picture I have 2 arrays of 20 modules in the same roof and I wish to combine them to have only one array of 40 modules.

exemplo.thumb.png.f23af97099b48c5f0e36fe011c563847.png

Okay, I see what you're trying to do. I'm afraid that I don't think that's possible. And you've tried everything that I can think of.

Since this doesn't really effect the inverter configuration I'm assuming that you want to do this because of user interface reasons when designing? Or is it that it shows multiple module areas in the customer presentation?

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Okay, I see what you're trying to do. I'm afraid that I don't think that's possible. And you've tried everything that I can think of.

Since this doesn't really effect the inverter configuration I'm assuming that you want to do this because of user interface reasons when designing? Or is it that it shows multiple module areas in the customer presentation?

User interface reasons! It would be easier to configure the inverters, but it is what it is. Thanks!