Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Forum Valentin Software

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Designing a Carport

Featured Replies

Dear all,

I'm trying to learn how to design a carport but I have no clue on how to even start doing it. I searched in the forum related topics but with no sucess. Anyone has any tips?

carport example:

Carport Solar: Tudo o que Você Precisa Saber + Preço

Thank you all!

Hi Turtles,

Unless you need a good graphical presentation for a customer the easiest way would probably be to create a custom system in "module mounting". So basically a ground mount with the desired dimensions being pre calculated to a certain number of panels.

 

Like this:

 

image.thumb.png.15e0559286439e60a2535fa92fbfbbc3.png

 

 

  • Author

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for your answer and support. Yes, this will work just fine. In reality the support structure would be different but this is what I was looking for!

  • 11 months later...

Hi Jimmy,

Great idea to use mounted system! I just recently completed carport desing based on this post. Thanks a lot!

pic (3).png

pic (1).png

pic (2).png

  • 8 months later...

Hey @chudy14,

your project looks great! I'm currently writing my Bachelor Thesis about different ways of implementing solar carports in parking infastructure. Therefore i also want to simulate different projects in PVSol. Do you maybe have some more details of your project above? How did you manage to get this alignment (V-formation)? I tried it with two seperate polygons per parking row (and creating pv rows facing each other in order to build the V-formation) but then i always have to much space left between the V-formation. I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!

image.png.38f90f4fb96d895162fd8c36b104db26.png

not sure what you ment there @Pumperniggl,  I made seperate rows  one facing east, one facing west, and i can drag and drop them 'against' eachother. collision is on and thus no spacing in between at the design. it will ask for "connect to array"  with a followup this is not possible due to different orientations. But nevertheless 

in general: interesting to use the module mounting to design carports. I always made a solid building and used the module coverage option. But this way is much more elegant and visually better looking. Great idea @Jimmy !!

 

@devs, i would not mind this kind of T-shaped module mounting to be added to pvsol in addition of the tilt/EW and facade option. It is a very common design for carports.

 

image.thumb.png.e7f1fbfc2b00d542c5270b4765f5213e.pngimage.thumb.png.e04a8c6ace3536ad3e8e6eea79625090.png

  • 1 month later...

Thank you Turtles, that's a helpful question, I'd like to design my own construction kit for a Solar Pergola instead of a Solar Carport. I'll check if it is also possible to design more difficult geometries for complex Pergolas that attach to the house smoothly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.