Relative efficiency (low light)

Venco Gary

Good day

I created a 545W-module and all the data came from manufacture.   After filled in all values and the efficiency in low light got to 150%.   I don't think the number is reasonable even though I have checked other questions and your answer is the value could be slightly above 100%.   I will check the data with manufacture again and could you help to check it in the software.   Also, I want to know how you define relative efficiency in low light and how you calculate it.

Thank you for helping me again and again.

low light performance.png

2021-12-16_100222.jpg

2021-12-16_102537.jpg

LUXEN SERIES 5 182 144cells 530-550w MONOFACIAL.pdf

Good day Venco Gary,

where do you have the data in the first table from? I didn't see it in the datasheet. The table itself is the reason for the unrealistically high value for the relative effiency. You can check that by a simple calculation. The short circuit current of a PV cell or module is (usually) proportional to the irradiance. If you have 13.83 A at 1000 W/m², you should have around 2.76 A at 200 W/m² (13.83 A * 200 / 1000). Here in the table we see 5.59 A. I would say, this is impossible. The data is erroneous.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin