Laptop performance

unknown1990

Hi I have a question regarding PVsol computer usage.

In the attachment you can find performance tab from task manager while running PVsol together with other software.

Screenshot is while im running simulation (adopt data). 

Why PVsol doesn't use more resources to perform these actions faster ? (extrenal GPU and so)

It seems to me that there is no big difference of running PVsol on powerful PC/ laptop configuration cause it just don utilities resource well. (im speaking from first hand experience on different configurations )

Thanks

Hi unknown1990,

I think your hardware is more than sufficient. A short glimpse into the history: PV*SOL 3D in its current state is very aged. Many programming design decisions were not made for future computer hardware from that point of view.  Many things of this architecture are difficult or nearly impossible to change and we are at a point where the current 3D will be phased out.
The only advice I can give at the moment is to simplify the projects as much as possible. I know that is not a satisfactory answer. That is the current state of affairs. We are working hard on a contemporary 3D that breaks with many current limitations. Then we will make better use of the resources available, especially processor and RAM use, followed by usage of graphic cards.

A bridging measure with the next version in 2022 will be: 3D will be outsourced to a separate process in order to make better use of RAM. We hope this will give us some breathing space until the new 3D is ready.

I hope you can understand this intermediate state of ours.

Best regards,
Frederik