User defined module to inverter configuration

J. Holovsky

Hello.

After analyzing shading losses, I would like to define how exactly the modules are connected to multiple inverters. I tired to split the roof into arrays (of the same orientation but different level of shading , but PV*SOL is not fully respecting the arrays and is applying its own strategy of module configuration. How can I controll this configuration?

Thank You. J. Holovsky

Hello J. Holovsky,

the approach that you followed is the right one to achieve the result that you intend. What do you mean by "PV*SOL is not respecting the arrays"?

Here is a quick how to. Let's say you have a module area and a chimney in the middle. You want to connect the 8 modules around the chimney to a different inverter than the other modules.

grafik.png

1. Go to the tab "Module configuration"
  2. Select the 8 modules with the mouse
  3. Right click on "Add to 'Define Module Areas' Dialog"
  4. Go to "Define Module Areas" dialog, you'll see the 8 modules there already
  5. Click "Import all unconfigured" on the upper left to import the remaining modules
  6. Then click "Configure" at the bottom. You can now configure the 8 modules independently

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

Hope that helps. If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Martin