Simulation Problem with Big System size

Burak

Hey People,

I was trying to do simulation and the system size is around 2 MWp. But when I try to save or run the simulation, I get a failure as " An error occurred in the application."
Can you please tell me what is the problem with that? 

I am doing simulation in deskto-pc and my ram is 16 GB with CPU AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz.

Hi Burak,

2 MWp is really already a very large system, with about 6000 to 10000 modules depending on their power. If you use the 3D environment to design the system, PV*SOL might bring your computer to the edge of its power. Also note that PV*SOL is (still) a 32bit  application, so there is a RAM limit of about 1.2 to 1.3 GB set by the operating system (Windows). This is - amongst other things - what limits PV*SOL in its capabilities.

But good news is that we optimized RAM usage especially for roof top or open area mounting systems in the next release of PV*SOL premium (2020 R10), which will be released in the next days or so.

If your system wasn't planned in 3D mode and you experience this kind of error, there must be some other problem. In this case I would like to ask you to send me the project file (by private message here in the forum).

Kind regards,

Martin