PPA Setup

ChaseSecrist

I am new to PV SOL software and seems to be straight forward after watching some tutorials. 

I was curious of how to setup the finances for a PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) setup for our company. As obvious, we want to figure the analysis. What functions and inputs would I have to consider?

Hi ChaseSecrist,

when analyzin PV systems with PPAs, you should chose the "Grid-connected system" first:

image.png

Then on the page "Financial Analysis" you'll want to delete the feed-in tariffs. You can enter the price of electricity that is sold to third parties in the corresponding field.

image.png

The other financial parameters (assessment period, investment cost, loans etc.) can be entered in a dialog that opens when you click on the "Edit" button. 

image.png

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

On 7/14/2020 at 9:30 AM, developer_mh said:

Marti

This did help me significantly, but now I am curious to whether we can show what the third party would be saving compared between going solar and staying on the grid from an electric company? How could we show those stastics from the original usage to the new usage and the difference they would be saving?

Kind regards

Basically, we want to be injunction with the electric company to where we supply a certain percentage of power needed for the consumer and the electric company picks up the rest. I'm not seeing any function can show the graphs for such scenario or finical gain of the consumer from going this route.

image.thumb.png.7b9d1625e6c5ab73b8076bad9ce619ee.png

I need something like this where all of the produced power from the solar field (1,519,878 kwh) are consumed by the entity where it is requiring 2,144,110 and the difference between the 2 is supplemented by the grid (2,144,110-1,519,878=624,232 kwh from the grid). I hope this gives a visual as we are additionally wanting the cost comparison since we know the value we're going to charge and what the grid charges as well and understand the comparison between the two. 

Hi ChaseSecrist,

thank you for your question and the explanations. The setup you are inteding to reproduce will not be easy to accomplish in PV*SOL. The reason is that the amount of PV energy that can be used by the consumers is simulated (in contrast to be defined by the user). It depends on the load profile, the wattage at any point in time, and the amount of available PV power at that time. For example, if the PV power at 11am exceeds the power consumtion at that time, the exceeding PV power will be fed into the grid. On the other hand, if there is not enough PV power to supply the appliances, the remainder will be drawn from the grid.

I do understand the need for your comparison, however. But I wonder how the problem of synchrony between PV production and consumption is regulated in the PPA? What if you as a electricity seller provide the energy, but the buyer can't use it entirely due to his load profile?

Kind regards,

Martin

Martin,

I do understand based on the load, but the calculation is based on 80% of the consumption the client is needing so if he is needing 100kwh, the panels max would only need 80kwh to be produced and the rest 20kwh by the grid and this would have to stay consistent with the time of year and such. 

How would I go about making a load profile to comprehend my needs for PV*SOL?