Consumption profiles

Miguel Santos Silva

Hello,

I am a new user of PVSol and I am facing some problems to understand the different consumption profiles available. After reading the consumption section available in the website, I have the following questions:

1. When I choose a measured load profile (example BDEW commercial load profile G1), I can only see the monthly values. Does it mean that in those curves the hourly consumtion is constant?
  2. When I choose a daily load profile, is there a way to specify that the consumption is different on different days in a week? Example if a business does not run on a weekend, the consumption value decreases. I see how to create a different profile for saturday and sunday but I do not understand than if the actual consumption is assumed to be the same every day of the month or if there is a difference.

Thank you in advance.

Dear Miguel,

thank you for your questions regarding the consumption profiles.

1. When I choose a measured load profile (example BDEW commercial load profile G1), I can only see the monthly values. Does it mean that in those curves the hourly consumtion is constant?

All load profiles have a resolution of at least one hour. Most predefined load profiles have a resolution of 15min or 1min. In case of the BDEW profiles it is 15min. You can see the number of values when selecting the profile:

image.png

Or, when having selected the profile, you'll see the resolution in the status on the right:

image.png

The actual profile can be analysed after the simulation, at Results -> Simulation -> Diagram Editor. There you have either the option to select the consumption time series or the carpet plot:

image.png

image.png

These diagrams will also be available directly on the consumption page in our new major release PV*SOL premium 2021 R1 (planned for November 2020), so that they are more accessible.

2. When I choose a daily load profile, is there a way to specify that the consumption is different on different days in a week? Example if a business does not run on a weekend, the consumption value decreases. I see how to create a different profile for saturday and sunday but I do not understand than if the actual consumption is assumed to be the same every day of the month or if there is a difference.

This feature will also be added in the next major release PV*SOL premium 2021 R1 (planned for November 2020). It was available in past releases, however, so if you wish, you can refer to this thread to see your options:

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin