How to create an inverter with 9 MPPTs and 18 Strings per MPPT

Richard Guse

Good morning,

I'm using the trial version and I'm stuck on creating a new inverter.
There is a new 75kW inverter from Renovigi that has 9 MPPTs and 18 Strings per MPPT. This provides 162 entries.

How to create an inverter with these characteristics if the maximum number of inputs allowed in PVSOL is 100?

Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards

cms_files_42607_1585654249Catalogo_Reno-75K-NG.pdf

Dear Richard,

I must admit that I have not seen an inverter with 162 DC inlets before... and yes, the maximum number of inlets in PV*SOL is 100 at the moment. But in PV*SOL you can connect more than 18 strings to the inverter anyway, even if the number of DC inlets is smaller. The consequence is that in the cabling page, a connection box (GCB) is used to connect the strings to the MPP tracker.

image.png

But we will increase th elimit of that DC inlet field in the future, thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Martin

Thank you very much for the answer Martin.

Great to know that there will be changes in this direction.

Although little used by most users, this improvement will be very important for Brazilian users due to legislation that covers installations up to 75kW and this inverter has a very good cost / benefit ratio.

Thank you very much

Richard

• 2 years later...