Import 3D model from Metashape

Hi, I have a drone flight processed in metashape and I want to import it to PVSOL to simulate panel instalation.

At first the model was upside down, I managed to rotate it back to the upwards position, however it is still in the wrong rotated in relation to the North. I also managed to rotate the model aproximately to the right orientation and perform the simulation. But the fact that I had to manually move the model to the right position indicates that it's not georreferenced. 

The radiation simulation must consider the geographic position and orientation of the model to be considered thuthful. How can I make sure that my model is georreferenced correctly?

Is there any step on Metashape or on PVSOL that can assure me the obj is georreferenced?

Hello Guilherme Braghirolli

On 7/17/2024 at 4:51 PM, Guilherme Braghirolli said:

Is there any step on Metashape or on PVSOL that can assure me the obj is georreferenced?

PV*SOL does not support georeferencing ob objects, I'm afraid.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:51 PM, Guilherme Braghirolli said:

The radiation simulation must consider the geographic position and orientation of the model to be considered thuthful. How can I make sure that my model is georreferenced correctly?

In PV*SOL this is not intertwined and has to be set on the page System Type, Climate and Grid within the block Climate Data:image.png

Kind regards
Frederik