Why do I need maintenance?

Marius Fourie

I have been using PV*SOL premium for about 11 years. Initially I received feedback when reporting a problem. During the past 5 years I found that my reports were ignored. I therefore have a few questions:

1. Why do I buy maintenance?

2. If I need online data for a new location, will that still be available, if I do not have maintenance?

Hello Marius Fourie

4 hours ago, Marius Fourie said:

During the past 5 years I found that my reports were ignored.

Sorry to hear that. Could you point out when that happened? I will happily forward your request to our hotline support.

With maintenance you do get program and database updates and telephone and email support via our hotline team.

Kind regards
Frederik

Hello Marius Fourie

Our hotline states that your last direct request was sent in July 2023 and answered some days later; within the usual response time.

In case you do mean the error reports: Yes, we receive them but cannot answer each and every request. This has several reasons:

• The user did not leave an email so there is no possibility to get into contact
  • The user did not leave a short error description
  • In case we already do know the error and fixed it, we have to ignore the following since in most cases it does not add any more informational value

Please bear in mind to at least fill out some information before sending it:

image.png

Kind regards!
Frederik