Grid IMPORT limitation

Emile

Hi Team Valentin Software,

I was wondering if there’s a way to limit the grid import to a specific value. For some clients, they only have a certain value of contractual power with the grid operator, which is critical to the simulation. Is this feature going to be introduced any time soon in the software? 

would appreciate your help with this. 

Thanks in advance.

Emile

Hello Emile

At the moment this is not possible I'm afraid. So far we do have a limitation of maximum feed-in power.

Do I understand you correctly that you are looking for a way to limit the energy you are importing from the grid operator i.e. 1MWh for instance?

Kind regards
Frederik

Hello Frederik,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry. Yes you've understood me correctly, I did mean a limit on the power that could be imported from the grid operator. This is relevant in countries like the Netherlands at the moment where the grid is congested, but people have only a limited contracted amount of power with the grid operator. Since there is an option in PVsol to build systems with battery, electric vehicle, and loads, taking the grid limit into consideration becomes increasingly important especially when trying to size a battery or make decisions on charging/discharging schedules. 

Would love to see this feature added in the future. 

Kind regards,

Emile

• Thanks 1