SolarEdge and yield

Akvi_2

Hello,

What happend to Solaredge inverters in PVsol. Earlier we had no issues but since they were changed to weird configurations. There are so many variants of one type of inverter for example while solarEdge designer tool has just 33.3K for example. It causes issues in PVsol design giving very low yield. Why thet were updated to something that doesn't work??

image.png.22d8994bbc514612a08a2e1101be76f5.pngimage.png.23cd5663c0671cca87c1c8684c1e791a.png

Hello Akvi_2,

Thank you for your question.

We use the varying product names to check whether the modules, optimizers and inverters are compatible and because different grid voltages must be achieved depending on the region.

Unfortunately, over time this has led to a lack of clarity. I'm not sure why fewer variants are displayed in the SolarEdge Designer. The variants in our database were entered by SolarEdge. Perhaps the SolarEdge Designer only shows the relevant inverters depending on the language or IP address.

In PV*SOL, all constellations can be used that are shown as permitted in Solaredge Designer.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, Akvi_2 said:

It causes issues in PVsol design giving very low yield.

Regarding the low yield, I would need the .pvprj project file to find out why the yield is low. Feel free to send it to me via private message here in this forum or to share it in this thread.

Kind regards

Mikio