calculate surplus power.

Peter_

Hi, 

We have a project whereby we want to calculate the surplus energy. I would like to have the hourly profile

- the grid export can be 150KW.  we want to investigate how much energy is surplus and maybe could be used by nearby neighbouring users.

what would be the best way to model this case?

1) at first I modelled the system and put the export limitation at 150KW ,and add grid limitation inverter level  ->   grid export is the exported energy whereas  Clipping on account of the max. AC Power/cos phi then would be the excess energy

2) include consumption in the model, add a surplus consumption consumer.   this seems to give me the inverse of the results I want.  as soon as the maximum power is reached the excess energy goes to the grid. 

image.thumb.png.e6e2115f03169e939bd8a3defc5e81de.png

dynamic consumer also does not exactly do what I want. because as soon the export reached 150KW all energy goes to surplus consumption, including the first 150KW .image.thumb.png.d08872bccd3017e049fc21d18dd15f66.png

option 3 would be add a yearly consumption of 1kwh. and add grid limitation at feed in.  this would give me i think what i want. 

image.thumb.png.7df63fec8e586197de4c1bb770cf1e48.png

I hope its a bit clear what I try to achieve.

do you perhaps have a solution.     or is the only way to make a workaround in excel results

thanks in advance

Edited by Peter_
added option 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter_,

thanks for your question and sorry for the late reply.

To make sure that I got your question right, do I understand correctly that:

1) the goal is to know when energy is available for the neighbors (on an hourly basis)?

2) and the additional condition is that 150 kWh per year (?) should be fed into the grid first?

On 2/27/2024 at 2:16 PM, Peter_ said:

option 3 would be add a yearly consumption of 1kwh. and add grid limitation at feed in.  this would give me i think what i want. 

And did you mean 150 kWh in the third option?

Kind regards

Mikio

• 2 weeks later...

hi,  

solved!

1) the first condition was 150KW is to be fed into the grid

2)the second condition: any leftover energy (>150kW) becomes available for neighbors 

and i want to calculate this on an hourly basis.

i solved it by first calculating without any grid limitation., then calculate it with 150KW grid limitation. and substract those values to get the difference.

it gets close enough approximation to solve it for now

thanks anyway

Peter

• Like 1