Too high specific production East-West

Miro

Dear support, 

I created an easy East-West system on trapezodial roof with the tilt 17° and azimuth 278° (almost eastwest) and the program is calculating specific production 1033kWh/kWp. I compared it with PVGIS and there is specific production 890kWh/kWp which is much more real number.  Could you recommend me where is the problem in PVSol? Losses are set generally as program has and those I haven't changed at all.

Thank you very much for you help.

Miroslav

Hi Miro

Since several questions arose due to climate data provided by PVGIS, please refer to the following thread first:

2 hours ago, Miro said:

Could you recommend me where is the problem in PVSol?

From the issues that reached us it seems we have to reverse the question.

Apart from that, could you provide us with a project file and/or climate data that you did use? You could send those via private message here in the forum.

Thank you in advance and kind regards
Frederik

Hi Miro

Thank you for sending me the project file.

Unfortunately there is a problem within our manufacturer database when providing low light characteristics.
This could happen in case manufacturers copy entries, in which case it is possible validation checks are not triggered.
We are sorry about that and there is improvements on the way!

The module of your system does have wrong values regarding the low light part resulting in over 100% efficiency:

image.png

A workaround could be checking the Standard low-light performance:

image.png

Does that help?

Kind regards!
Frederik

Hi Frederik,

thank you for your answer. I tried to mark this button Standard low light performance but the data are only for reading so I couldn't confirm it. It would be better if you would correct it in your next release generally to avoid that problem when anyone choose any module.

Thank you in advance.

Miro

Hi Miro,

2 minutes ago, Miro said:

I tried to mark this button Standard low light performance but the data are only for reading so I couldn't confirm it.

Editing entries from our online database is not possible, since every customer has access. You could create your own copy of any database entry and adapt any value, either via the button in the top bar or the context menu (right click):
image.png

After this, the entry gets saved as your own product and is accessible via your database ID.

Apart from that, the next version of online databases will contain the corrected entries.

Kind regards
Frederik

Hi Miro

On 11/15/2023 at 10:29 AM, Miro said:

When do you release a new version of database?

Last Friday (November 17th) there has been an update. An update does not guarantee that all errors have been corrected. You could check for updates and changelogs here: https://pvsol-database.valentin-software.com/Changelog

Kind regards
Frederik

Hi,

unfortunately there is no correcture in this last release for longi solar 580Wp. I copied this module and checked Standard low light performance then substituted with a new module. Specific production is lower but I assumed even lower number:

image.png.1b667f654b8d240d31bf5f340a78496f.png

Could you think about that what kind of parameter or failure is it still bringing?

Thank you.

Miro